Tuesday, October 26, 2010

School Ish

Just some info I guess.
I got into an Honors program. As long as I complete this semester with a 3.25 gpa or higher, I'll be taking honors English 101. I should get a tuition break and it will look mad good on my transcripts.
Which don't need much helping as it turns out. I enrolled in MAPP, a transfer program between Mesa Community College and ASU. I'll automatically have a spot once I complete my credits and I'll have a fixed tuition (just in case what happened in England jumps the Atlantic).
Luckily this transfer should be rather soon, as I have mapped out my classed for the summer. I should be able to do about 14 credits so I'll keep the BAH AND knock a semester off my junior college.
In other news, I might be an editor for an Academic Journal. I'm meeting the other interested parties tomorrow. Apparently this too looks mad good on your transcripts so hopefully it will be mad fun as well. I'm not the hugest fan of ASB/selling-your-soul-to-reach-the-wholly-apathetic type thing, but I could get behind a sort of read-submissions-and-put-them-in-a-book type thing. Either way, should be interesting.
I turned in all this info to the Veteran's Services department at school so they should handle.
The last real hard thing I have left is calling the VA to tell them I changed my degree program at MCC. Hopefully, it will go smoothly. These things can turn into nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment